What is Hydrocodone? There are several groups of drugs and Hydrocodone falls as a narcotic pain reliever. It is used to reduce moderate to severe pain. It is also used as a cough suppressant and other purposes that only a doctor can decide. Many people ask themselves, what is Hydrocodone? It is easy to get information and all you need to do is research and you will understand this drug and how to use it safely.
It is important to let your doctor know about your lifestyle before you are given this drug. People who take alcohol every day should not use it. It is also not suitable for you if you have suffered cirrhosis in the past. It is quite addictive and you should not increase your dose without consulting your doctor. It should be kept in a closed cabinet to ensure that other people do not find it. It can be tempting for teenagers. It has properties that make you feel a bit high and impairs proper thinking.
This means that you should not drive or operate any machine. It makes your concentration poor and can make you harm yourself. If you feel that the drug is not working to relieve the pain, tell your doctor. Do not start taking more than what your doctor prescribed. Before you start using Hydrocodone, you should let your doctor know if you have any of the following health problems:
- Addison’s disease
- Any intestinal and stomach disorder
- Diseases that affect the liver and kidney should also be discussed.
- Low blood pressure will hinder you from using Hydrocodone. Make sure you let your doctor know about it.
- People who have had a problem with drug addiction should stay away from this drug.
- Tell your doctor if you have a brain tumor or any other head injury. This also includes any mental illnesses.
- If you have asthma or any breathing problems, you are not fit to use this drug. You should talk to your doctor about it. Apnea is also a breathing problem that affects people when asleep and makes you unsuitable for this drug.
- If you are pregnant, you should not use Hydrocodone. It is bad for the unborn child. It makes the baby experience breathing problems and withdrawal symptoms when born. If you plan to get pregnant, you should stay away from this drug. Nursing mothers can pass Hydrocodone through milk to the baby. This can cause harm to your baby.
Always make sure that you use Hydrocodone as prescribed. Avoid increasing your dose without your doctor’s permission. Be sure to drink the recommended eight glasses of water every day to help prevent constipation. You can also increase fiber-rich foods in your diet. Avoid using any stool softeners. Ask your doctor when to stop using the drug to avoid suffering from Hydrocodone withdrawal symptoms.
With all this information, you can answer the question ‘what is Hydrocodone?’ and that can help you avoid getting any health complications related to it.